Tuesday, 2 April 2013

How To Use Devils Dynamite Chilli Paste

I got asked this simple question today and realised that I should really share the answer with you all.

Our chilli paste is not all about the heat (although the explosive paste will blow you away if you like heat)……its more about the base flavour that the blend of chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander adds to your chosen dish.

Look I’m no great cook…..that my brother’s domain….but I use this chilli paste in almost all of my cooking these days and everyone (including the kids) loves it. I add a couple of teaspoons to spaghetti bol, lasagne and chilli con carne as standard. Unless you use loads is just adds a bit of spice to the meat sauce.

I’ve been cooking a lot of BBQ’s in the last week or so and turning the paste into a marinade and cooking it outside is sooooo good. We had some DevilsDynamite tandoori twist lamb steak, DevilsDynamite Coconut twist pork ribs and DevilsDynamite chicken wings at the weekend. Family and friends couldn’t get enough!!

A couple of days ago I got my kids and my niece and nephew to make their own pizzas. We mixed the different chilli pastes with tomato puree to cover the bases and then they each added a topping of their choice….chicken and sweetcorn…..tuna, anchovies and mushrooms…..Peppers, Onions and mushrooms. Cheese on top and they were ready. The kids loved them as did the adults.

Penny is the real chilli head of the family and she often has DevilsDynamite as a sauce on the table. She mixes chilli (1 tsp) with tomato ketchup (4 tsps) and has it on the side of her plate…try it.....its hot but tasty.

John is the chef of the family and we will be adding to the recipes on the website over the next few days and weeks so watch this space. For now check on our recipe book tab on the website.

Speak again soon
X

No comments:

Post a Comment